About the Professional Education & Training Scholarship Award (PETS Award)
The IAAHPC’s Professional Education and Training Scholarship was originally created in 2017 in honor of the tireless efforts of Dr. Kathleen Cooney, the 2015 IAAHPC President and a dedicated evangelist for animal end-of-life programs. Over the years, the emerging field of animal hospice and end-of-life care experiences has grown in awareness and with animal-loving professionals and support personnel. Therefore, in honor of Dr. Kathy Cooney and countless other professionals who have paved the way for many more looking to enter this important field for animal care the Kathy Cooney Scholarship Fund has been freshened up, tidied up, and elevated in offerings to the PETS Award.
The PETS Award is proud to offer veterinary and veterinary technician students assistance to attend the IAAHPC’s annual conference. The honored PETS Award winner will receive:
- Complimentary base conference registration
- $500 for travel funds for an in-person conference only
- Recognition at the annual conference during the Opening Reception and at other times throughout conference
- Free membership to the association throughout the student’s college years
Those interested in applying for the scholarship will:
- Complete an application, to include a 500-word essay
- Provide a current resume
- Submit a professional photo
- Submit one letter of recommendation
Applications will be taken until July 15 with award winners announced by August 1.
Lap of Love Veterinary Hospice believes in supporting veterinary students and is proud to sponsor three PETS Award recipients for the 2023 IAAHPC Conference. Lap of Love watches with deep respect as students pave the way to a better tomorrow in the vet med industry and in end-of-life care for pets and their families.
Apply For Scholarship
Use the form below.