We truly want the conference to be as welcoming as possible to all of our attendees, including those with isolation and quarantine requirements when returning home, those with children unable to get vaccinated, and those with (and caring for loved ones with) underlying health conditions. For all of those reasons, masks will be required at our event and we ask sincerely that you comply with that requirement. We have scheduled as much open networking and free time into our schedule as possible so that smaller groups that would like to meet outside or off-site can do so without having to worry about the mask requirement.
Want more learning? Then we have it just for YOU!
Check out these limited-space opportunities to add either one or both optional workshops
Pre-Conference: Business Incubator SessionsThursday 8a-6p.
- Join top industry leaders for an all-day business-intensive session designed to help you workshop your business at any stage! Join a small group (limited to 5 people) of similar-sized business owners and rotate through six one-hour sessions covering a range of business planning topics.
Post-Conference: The Euthanasia Techniques LaboratorySunday afternoon, immediately following the conference.
- This 2-hour section will provide euthanasia practice using companion animal cadavers. Students view the isolation of venous pathways, organ injections, creation of paw prints and ink prints, and much more. This is an opportunity to learn anatomy again and gain invaluable technique training. We also outline all the necessary supplies for both the hospital and mobile setting.
2021 IAAHPC Conference Venue
– Discounted room pricing is available for conference attendees from September 9th to September 14th, 2021. Group rate starts at $199 per night and will be honored 3 days pre and post-conference.
– Book online using our unique link or by phone (888- 789-3090). The group booking link will also be included in an email once you have completed registration.
– Complimentary guest room internet for Marriott Reward Members. Complimentary wireless in lobby and public areas.
– Learn more about the hotel’s commitment to safety.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will there also be a virtual conference option for the 2021 event?
Interested in room share options?
Please contact our room share coordinator & include the following info:
Your name & best contact info, dates needed, & whether you’re seeking a room or already have one (& where). Other details welcome.
Use IAAHPC Room Share in the subject line & send to:
Hotel Parking Information
Self-parking not available. $5 discount off prevailing valet parking rates. Valet parking for overnight guests is $28 plus tax. Valet parking for visitors is $20 inclusive of tax. Please contact the hotel for self-parking options.
Tampa Transportation Methods
The Downtowner is a free electric shuttle service available to visitors to take a short trip between downtown, the Channel District, Harbour Island, and the University of Tampa area. The six-seat shuttle comes with a driver and is easy downloading the app to hail the nearest shuttle.
HART-in Towner is a free trolley service that runs every 15 minutes from downtown to Harbour Island. The loop, which starts at the Marion Transit Center is a convenient way to reach downtown hotels, Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park, the Riverwalk, and restaurants and attractions on Harbour Island. The trolley also connects to the TECO Line Streetcar, which takes visitors into the heart of Ybor City.
TECO Line Streetcar dates back to 1892 when 53 miles of track and 11 routes made it the most extensive streetcar system in Florida. Today the modern streetcars carry visitor to 11 stops along a 2.7-mile route, with 5 stops in the Channel District, 4 in Ybor City and 2 downtown. Each station stop incorporates public art elements that celebrate the lives of Ybor City workers and Tampa residents.
Pirate Water Taxi is a 50-foot water taxi. Hop on and off at restaurants, entertainment venues along the Riverwalk, Channel District and Harbour and Davis Islands. The fleet of pirate-themed water taxi operates 7 days a week and extended hours on the weekends and during big events. The historical narration adds some local culture to the ride.
Zipcar is a pay as you go option getting around the urban core in a car, sign up online to use the Zipcar service. Once approved visitors receive a Zipcard to access Zipcars parked near the University of Tampa, Tampa Convention Center, The Channel District, and the Barrymore Hotel. Gas and insurance are included in hourly and daily rates.
Coast Bike Share is an easy and fun way to get around when you rent a bike for the day.
Ride-Share Services like Uber and Lyft are also available when you download the app.
On your own two feet, you can take a stroll through many waterfront areas throughout Tampa Bay. From the scenic Tampa Riverwalk stretching throughout downtown Tampa and Bayshore Boulevard, the longest of continuous sidewalk in America.
COVID-19 Safety Precautions
Is the conference approved for continuing education?
Drop us a line!
Use the form below and a member of our team will get back to you as quickly as possible!