2022 Virtual Conference
September 30th – October 2nd, 2022
Early Bird Conference Registration opens JUNE 1, 2022 – $295
After July 15, 2022, Registration Prices will be $350 for Members and $495 for Non-Members
2022 Academic Program
Hospice & Palliative Care
- Palmitoylethanolamide: a possible dietary approach to chronic pain in dogs and cats- Giorgia della Rocca, Associate professor of Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Manual Therapies for Pain Management in Hospice and Palliative Care – Aja Senestraro, DVM, CVPP, CCRP, CVA, CAC-IVCA, CVTP, CMTPT, CVFT, CVCH, CTCVMP
- Chronic Pain Management for the Geriatric or Terminal Patient (Part 1) – Shea Cox, DVM, CVPP, CHPV
- Chronic Pain Management for the Geriatric or Terminal Patient (Part 2) – Shea Cox, DVM, CVPP, CHPV
- Rational Use of Steroids in Hospice and Palliative Care – Lawren Durocher-Babek, DVM, MS, DACVIM, CHPV
- The Special Needs of thee Feline HPC Patient- Ilona Rodan, DVM, Dipl. ABVP, Feline
- Common (and easy!) Integrative Medicine Tools for your Palliative Care Toolbox -Tyler Carmack, DVM, CHPV, CVFT, CVA
- Easing the Pain of Soft Tissue Injuries in Our Geriatrics – Brooke Loewenstein, DVM, CCRT, CVAT
- Movement is Medicine: Therapeutic Exercise as a Geriatric Pain Management Technique – Brooke Loewenstein, DVM, CCRT, CVAT
- Crisis sedation for the end of life patients – Carolyn Naun
- Neutraceuticals for Chronic Kidney Disease – Irma Haide Ruiz Ramirez, DVM
- So, You Want to Open a Mobile Practice? – Sarah Frogget DVM, cVMA
- Joker In The Deck: Limiting Paradigms and Business Development – Amanda Oden DVM and Certified Life Coach
- How you make use of your Freelancer -Jenica Veley, RVT
- Bridging the Language Barrier – Tips for Practicing in a Foreign Country – Lawren Durocher-Babek, DVM, MS, DACVIM, CHPV
- How to Be a “Greener” Mobile Euthanasia Business -Ari Rozycki, DVM
- Losing A Pet: A Child’s Perspective -Kellie Littrell, DVM, MPH, FFCP (Veterinary)
- Can’t We All Get Along? How to Move Forward when Pet Parents Don’t Agree on Next Steps -Carling Sitterley, DVM, MPH
- When Quality of Life Scales Aren’t Enough: Counseling Clients Who Can’t Let Go -Lianna Titcombe, DVM, CHPV
- Abuse and Neglect Cases and the Legal Obligations of Veterinary Care Providers -Medina Regalia, BAS in Veterinary Technology, Licensed Vet Tech, Licensed Wildlife Rehabilitator (Texas)
- Navigating Neurodiversity in Veterinary End of Life Care -Amanda Doran, DVM, CHPV
- Surviving and Thriving in Veterinary Medicine – Rachel Wright MSW, LICSW, VSW-C
- Medical Meaning Making in Grief – Rachel Wright MSW, LICSW, VSW-C
- Work-Life Balance When You Love What You Do! – Mary Craig, DVM, MBA, CHPV
- When your business is your life: Implementing strategies to support work-life balance -Kristi Lehman, Master of Social Work, Licensed Independent Social Worker, Certified Compassion Fatigue Professional
- Practical Self-Care & Team-Care Tools for your Workday -Angie Arora, MSW, RSW
- Can’t Hit a Vein? Try An Alternate Route -Nick Labriola, DVM
- When Euthanasia is not an Option: Helping Families Navigate the Natural Passing of their Pet -Elizabeth Guidroz, CVT
- Test Your Euthanasia Know How -Kathleen Cooney, DVM, CHPV, CCFP
- What Pet Owners REALLY Expect During Euthanasia; 2022 study findings -Kathleen Cooney, DVM, CHPV, CCFP
- Have a Cujo on your schedule? Communication tips, drug protocols, and safe handling ideas to compassionately euthanize aggressive dogs -Nellie Wilbers, DVM
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the conference approved for continuing education?
The conference will be applied for continuing education for RACE and with NASW. We will keep you in the know about the approval process as the conference gets closer.
What if I have a dietary restriction? Can you accommodate special food requests?
Well, yes we can! That’s the cool thing about a virtual conference because YOU are in total control of YOUR food because it’s all in YOUR pantry!
The virtual conference platform used in the 2020 conference was easy to use and maneuver, and actually quite fun. Will the 2022 conference be the same?
YES! We too thought the platform was user-friendly so we are using the same one! You’re in luck! In fact, we’re all IN luck!
Will there be a room share option?
I work all day, and won’t be able to take time off during the day for the presentations. What can you do for me?
I’m still so bummed we aren’t making a trip somewhere for the conference. Can you comfort me?
I know it… we all had so much fun getting back together in Tampa. However, this was all about a business decision and being fiscally responsible to the association as in-person conferences are a bit costly. However, have you considered this: take the weekend and find a really cool Airbnb somewhere and have a bit of “me” time to focus on the conference. No home worries, just pure bliss and doing what you want, and being able to work ON your business and you versus working IN your business! You deserve it!
The conference is always the time I find new Sponsor Partners to help me in my business. How will I be able to do that with the virtual event?
You’ll still have the same opportunities to hear what’s new and exciting! Our Sponsor Partners are gearing up as well to bring their WINNING game to YOU with virtual booths and chances to visit with them in Zoom meetings or even during social hours.
Ready to get started? Click the button below to get started and select a sponsorship level!
Drop us a line!
Use the form below and a member of our team will get back to you as quickly as possible!