HONORING THE PAST, CELEBRATING OUR FUTURE
IAAHPC conferences have been exceptional in the cutting edge content of their educational programs but even more so in attendees’ sense of camaraderie and being among a crowd of people who all "get it".
This year IAAHPC celebrates its tenth year of creative, trailblazing action on its far-sighted vision of Animal Hospice and Palliative Care (AHPC) as an indispensable part of loving, dedicated care for companion animals, supported by studies that establish evidence-based guidelines for practice.
On its 10th anniversary, the IAAHPC represents the best of two worlds. On the one hand, over 600 members strong and established as a leader in the field, author and publisher of guidelines for practice, and offering the most advanced AHPC training programs in the world. On the other hand, vibrant with a sense of “so much more still awaits to be accomplished”, and a sense of openness to new people, new ideas and different approaches to caring for animals nearing the end of life and for their loving human family caregivers.
The IAAHPC’s 10th Annual Conference this October will offer attendees a taste of all of that: attend carefully selected cutting-edge educational presentations; meet and interact with the pioneers that blazed the trails that have brought AHPC this far; meet and interact with graduates of the IAAHPC veterinary, veterinary nursing, and social work advanced training programs; relish in the sense of “common cause” and get exposure to a variety of views and perspectives; learn what opportunities may be awaiting you in this exciting work in the next ten years; and share your own views of where AHPC should be heading with the leaders of the IAAHPC.
I’m so excited - I can’t wait to see you there!!!!
Amir Shanan (IAAHPC founder)
Our 10th annual IAAHPC conference will be held in Tampa, FL over October 2-4, 2020. Pre-conference for CAETA and AHPC students will begin Thursday, October 1, 2020.
IAAHPC is pleased to annouce that our Saturday evening benefit dinner is now included in the cost of registration. We want everyone to join us for a night of food, fun and fundraising. We look foward to seeing you in Tampa.
Tampa Marriott Water Street - Conference Venue
505 Water Street, Tampa, FL 33602
- Special room rate for IAAHPC conference attendees at $199 per night
- Room shares begin in June 2020. Interested in sharing a room with a fellow IAAHPC attendee? Please contact our room share coordinator and include your name, the dates needed and if you are seeking a room or already have one and are willing to share. Room share coordinator: Tina Ellenbogen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Walking distance to restaurants, aquarium, water boats, taxis, train car, museums and much much more.
- Watch for baby sharks and manatees from the balcony of your hotel room while getting ready for the day.
- A memorial Tribute Video will be shared at the Honoring Ceremony featuring attendee’s beloved pets. To have a special pet(s) included in the Tribute Video, please email your photos to Coleen@TwoHeartsPetLossCenter.
Poster Presentations Table Talks
The IAAHPC is seeking vendors and exhibitors for our 2020 IAAHPC conference.
Please email Erin McNerney at email@example.com for any conference questions.
Interested in purchasing the 2018 conference session recordings? Click here