HONORING THE PAST, CELEBRATING OUR FUTURE
IAAHPC conferences have been exceptional in the cutting edge content of their educational programs but even more so in attendees’ sense of camaraderie and being among a crowd of people who all "get it".
This year IAAHPC celebrates its tenth year of creative, trailblazing action on its far-sighted vision of Animal Hospice and Palliative Care (AHPC) as an indispensable part of loving, dedicated care for companion animals, supported by studies that establish evidence-based guidelines for practice.
On its 10th anniversary, the IAAHPC represents the best of two worlds. On the one hand, over 600 members strong and established as a leader in the field, author and publisher of guidelines for practice, and offering the most advanced AHPC training programs in the world. On the other hand, vibrant with a sense of “so much more still awaits to be accomplished”, and a sense of openness to new people, new ideas and different approaches to caring for animals nearing the end of life and for their loving human family caregivers.
The IAAHPC’s 10th Anniversary Conference this October will offer attendees a taste of all of that: attend carefully selected cutting-edge educational presentations; meet and interact with the pioneers that blazed the trails that have brought AHPC this far; meet and interact with graduates of the IAAHPC veterinary, veterinary nursing, and social work advanced training programs; relish in the sense of “common cause” and get exposure to a variety of views and perspectives; learn what opportunities may be awaiting you in this exciting work in the next ten years; and share your own views of where AHPC should be heading with the leaders of the IAAHPC.
I’m so excited - I can’t wait to see you there!!!!
Amir Shanan (IAAHPC founder)
2019 Registration is now open!
Early bird prices end June 30!
The 9th annual IAAHPC conference will be held in Chicago, IL over October 4-6, 2019. Pre-conference for CAETA and AHPC students will begin Thursday, October 3, 2019.
IAAHPC is pleased to annouce that the cost of the Saturday evening dinner is now included in the cost of registration. We want everyone to join us for a night of food and fun. We look foward to seeing you in Chicago.
Hilton Rosemont/Chicago O'Hare - Conference Venue
5550 North River Road, Rosemont, IL 60018
- Special room rate for IAAHPC conference attendees
- Interested in sharing a room with a fellow IAAHPC attendee? Please contact our room share coordinator and include your name, the dates needed and if you are seeking a room or already have one and are willing to share. Room share coordinator: Tina Ellenbogen, email@example.com
- IAAHPC will own the entire hotel and conference space, everyone you meet will be a part of our special event
- Hilton Rosemont/Chicago O'Hare is located just 10 minutes from the Chicago O'Hare airport
- Hotel will provide shuttle accomodations (with notice) to and from Chicago O'Hare airport
- Hotel is 30 minutes from Midway Airport and the famous Navy Pier
- Self parking for the group is available for $10 per day including in and out privelages
- Walking distance to restaurants, casino and shopping mall
- Two field trips to Hinsdale Pet Cemetery and Crematory
New for 2019
Poster Presentations Table Talks
Thursday, October 3, 2019 at 3:00pm ( Boarding Time 2:45pm)
Saturday, October 5 2019 at 2:00pm (Boarding Time 1:45pm)
Interested in volunteering at this years conference? Click here to sign up
The IAAHPC is seeking vendors and exhibitors for our 2019 IAAHPC conference. Space is filling up - get your spot now!
Two lucky vendors or exhibitors will receive a special gift upon conference check in!
Please email Erin McNerney at firstname.lastname@example.org for any conference questions.
Interested in purchasing the 2018 conference session recordings? Click here