The International Association for Animal Hospice and Palliative Care(IAAHPC) is dedicated to promoting knowledge of, and developing guidelines for, comfort-oriented care to companion animals as they approach the end of life.
To accomplish our mission The IAAHPC will work to:
- Increase the numbers of animal companions and families who use and the number of professionals who provide animal hospice/palliative care services.
- Develop guidelines for veterinarians and other providers who will work with the patients and their families to preserve quality of life and prevent discomfort.
- Promote research, documentation of experience and scholarly discussion of animal hospice/palliative care issues.
- Promote recognition of animal hospice/palliative care as a specialty area within the professions that provide its services.
IAAHPC will attain these goals by:
- Educating professionals
- Presenting workshops and seminars offering CEU
- Certification program
- Presence at veterinary and other professional conferences (as speakers or exhibitors)
- Offering access to information in print and on-line.
- Educating the public
- Information on our web site
- Highly organized, exhaustive library of resources (eg. lists of websites, books, seminars...) on our web site
- Media exposure
- Presence at community events (as speakers or exhibitors)